BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
The Marketing Writer II supports the marketing department in the creation of compelling content that engages buyers, communicates our solution value, and helps advance the sales process. The Marketing Writer may be called upon to create data sheets, brochures, white papers, web copy, presentations, and other content as needed. The Marketing Writer II also provides editorial support for other departments that create customer-facing content.
This role requires a self-starter who can effectively manage multiple projects, leading them from conception through completion. The Marketing Writer II must also demonstrate superior writing and editing skills for both print and online communications.
To succeed in this role, the Marketing Writer II must either possess proven knowledge of the financial services industry and/or exceptional interview skills to gather that knowledge from subject matter experts. The Marketing Writer II will:
• Manage marketing collateral projects to successful completion by prioritizing requests (with input from the Marketing Manager), eliminating obstacles, and escalating issues and scope changes.
• Work with product managers to define and describe product positioning and messaging; lead product awareness and lead generation programs (as requested)
• Provide support services, including organizing, editing, and publishing customer-facing documents(as requested)
• Adhere to ARGO writing standards and industry best practices.
• Assist with the identification and documentation of the ARGO writing standards, upon request.
• Assist with the maintenance of the ARGO Style Guide.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of the ARGO communications curriculum course materials and serve as a back-up instructor, as needed.
• Coach ARGO employees to improve their communication skills, as requested.
• Assume any special projects as identified by management.
• Support corporate initiatives, such as task forces or customer events, as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The Marketing Writer II demonstrates intermediate mastery of the following skills (unless otherwise indicated):
• Leadership: Take initiative by identifying obstacles or ineffective processes, exploring options, and recommending solutions.
• Writing and editing: Communicate information effectively to intended audiences. (Intermediate – Advanced)
• Marketing and corporate communication standards and best practices: Understand the standards and best practices of quality communication processes and deliverables so customers have a positive experience using, understanding, and taking action on the information. (Intermediate – Advanced)
• Analytical: Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details for general understanding.
• Project management: Manage project production schedules by determining decisions’ impact on deliverables and schedules, communicating change in scope, and gaining consensus and approvals.
• Collaboration: Partner with key stakeholders and customers to achieve desired business results.
• Decision making: Evaluates the situation, gathers necessary information, and makes informed decisions that benefit the project, team, or company.
• Information gathering: Understand contemporary information gathering, analysis, specifications, design, verification, and management practices and apply them in practice; know information-gathering techniques and the software development cycle.
• Usability/user experience: Know and incorporate best practices for effectively communicating so intended audiences have a positive experience using, understanding, and taking action on the information you give them.
• English language: Know the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. (Expert)
• Information organization: Structure or classify multiple pieces of information. (Advanced)
• Synthesis/reorganization: Reorganize information for a better approach to problems or tasks. (Advanced)
• Active learning: Work with new information to grasp its implications.
• Interviewing and questioning: Talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to uncover essential requirements.
• Active listening: Understand what people say and detect what they might be hesitant to say.
• Speaking: Talk to others to effectively to convey information.
• Observational: Validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for information gathering.
• Interpersonal: Negotiate priorities and resolve conflicts among project stakeholders.
Software industry experience
Demonstrates superior writing and editing skills
5 - 9 years of experience as a business-to-business marketing writer with a portfolio of past and current professional work. Candidates must be able to provide current writing samples for review.
Confidently interacts with all organizational levels
Demonstrated ability to create quality marketing content, in multiple formats, under pressure and manage multiple and evolving projects and deadlines.
Displays extraordinary attention to detail
Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); knowledge of Adobe InDesign is a plus
Possesses banking or financial services or banking software industry experience
BS Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field.
ARGO Data Resource Corporation - 2 years ago