Open Until Filled: Applications will be accepted until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants has been received.
Motivated by Christ's love, this position plays a key role in promoting the wholistic ministry of FH through the framework of the organization’s vision, “God called and we responded until physical and spiritual hungers ended worldwide.” In order to accomplish this vision, FH’s mission is to “walk with churches leaders and families in overcoming all forms of human poverty by living in healthy relationship with God and His creation.”
POSITION/SCOPE WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
- This position reports directly and functionally to the Communications Director.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Writer will work as part of a team to create, proof and edit content to be used in Food for the Hungry marketing and communication for online and print materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
Key Result #1 - Serve as junior marketing writer and editor (95%)
Support the Content Development Manager by creating insightful, informative and relevant articles and marketing that address the needs of the audience and clearly articulate a value proposition with evidence of claims of value
Write, proof and edit various styles of writing, which might include writing for: direct mail appeals, email marketing appeals, website, magazine, annual reports, general brochures, weekly blog posts, regular social media posts, press releases, video dialogue, op-ed pieces, field “stories,” fact sheets, speeches, presentations and other projects as assigned by supervisor
Edit and proof written materials for content, grammar, organization and adherence to style and branding;
Compose video scripts
Give and receive creative ideas, edit/proof the work of others, be edited, and work agreeably and collaboratively with others in the creative process
Key Result #2 – Personal and professional development (5%)
Develop direct-response writing skills
Grow in understanding of world poverty and the FH model for responding
Nurture spiritual growth
This is an entry-level position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ
- Knowledge of and commitment to biblical principles
- Team-oriented with the ability to deal with internal and external publics with a positive and enthusiastic personality
- Self-directed and proactive
- Deadline-oriented and a multi-tasking environment
- Strong editing and proofing skills
- Detail-oriented, especially related to proof reading for grammar, punctuation, accuracy and style
- Ability to write in a way that connects to people’s hearts and inspires them to respond
- Ability to write quickly and effectively in several different styles
- Ability to excel and remain positive during times of challenge (responding to worldwide disasters)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially for results-oriented marketing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Unquestionable integrity and strong sense of professional ethics
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to do repetitive motions on a keyboard for up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) up to 5% a year.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in English, Journalism or Marketing; one or more years of related marketing and writing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Food For The Hungry - 11 months ago