This position reports to the Director of Marketing
Guide the Charge for Marketing and
Product Development—Every Day!
Companies that are just as passionate as they are professional are hard to find. But that's exactly what Navman Wireless is all about—and we're looking for one more person to join our growing team.
We've created a new role for a Marketing Analyst. You will play a key role globally using your creative problem-solving skills coupled with the desire to apply data mining techniques and statistical modeling to address business challenges—assisting marketing leaders with fact-based decision making. You'll also become our in-house expert on measurement, reporting, data modeling and profiling and provide the company with insights to help guide multi-million dollar investments in product development and marketing.
If you've got a strong background in data-mining and analytical experience and are passionate about data and analytical excellence, Navman Wireless could give you the rare career opportunity to make an immediate business impact globally doing something you love.
What's the scope of the position?
The Marketing Analyst is a new position that will influence product development, pricing, customer retention strategies and marketing investments worldwide. You will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with managers across multiple departments (executive leadership, finance, marketing, sales, operations, product management and R&D) to find better ways to generate business.
Through integration of data from disparate resources, you'll provide ongoing analysis and data-mining and deliver insights to support our efforts to acquire new (and deepen existing) customer relationships.
You'll report to the Director of Marketing, but will work closely with the marketing teams around the world. This position is located in Glenview, Illinois and could require some domestic and international travel.
What will You Do Every Day?
In a nutshell, you will come to work every day, ask the question "why;" then work tirelessly to figure out the answer. Once you have the answer, you'll figure out the impact to our business, develop recommended courses of action, package and present your findings to senior management. You'll do for us, what we do for our customers: tell us what we don't know so we can make better decisions as a company.
What are Your Core Responsibilities?
- Collect, analyze and present data where appropriate for use in statistical and excel based analytics as well as data visualization tools to help drive growth and profitability.
- Provide teams with excel spreadsheets and top-line summary PPT reports that communicate and translate results derived from data analytics into meaningful charts and insights that are easily understood and valued by internal and external audiences.
- Analyze the impact of our marketing, sales and product development efforts against in-market performance.
- Stay current on industry trends in statistical modeling and predictive analytics practices; constantly looking for opportunities to improve our internal capabilities in analyzing business performance.
- Act as subject matter expert on company data resources and work with teams to mine insights from available resources.
- Own Marketing-related data; ensure that data required to effectively execute marketing programs and analytics exists in database and is accurately maintained.
- Provide insights for future market expansion by finding secondary research and combining that with internal data to provide guidance on regions, segmentation, prospect profiling, etc.
- Support marketing team with ad hoc analytical needs/requests.
What are the Requirements for Applications?
- 2 years professional experience in a data analysis role is preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience using SAS, SPSS or similar analytic software.
- Strong analytical skills including the development of segmentation, profiles & data mining.
- Experience working with large datasets and resolving inconsistencies and challenges that can exist across varying data structures.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be used in communicating recommendations and analysis to business users.
- Advanced skills using MS Excel
- Bachelor in Marketing, Finance, Statistics, Econometrics, Applied Mathematics degree or other quantitative field required.
What Else Do You Need to Apply?
- A "data junkie" mindset as one who thrives on gathering information, analyzing for insight, developing recommendations and successful implementation.
- Strong work ethic who doesn't believe in a 9-5 workday.
- Exceptional attention to detail combined with the ability to think strategically.
- Track, measure and identify recommendations for improving key marketing KPI's such as: cost per lead, customer acquisition costs, customer retention costs, lead conversion rates, customer lifetime value, etc.
- Process driven mindset with the ability to implement once you've identified the new process.
Who are we?
Navman Wireless monitors more than 175,000 vehicles owned by over 14,000 organizations on five continents. That makes us one of the top SaaS providers of GPS-based fleet and asset management technology in the world.
You can't manage what you can't see. We help companies know what they otherwise wouldn't know about their drivers and fleet. With this information, businesses can make decisions based on real information as opposed to gut feel. Customers generally see a return on investment in the first 3-6 months.
An operating company of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Navman Wireless is based in Glenview, IL, with additional facilities in California, Mexico, UK, Italy, Taiwan, Ireland, China, New Zealand and Australia.
Our technology has been featured in the BBC, NBC, Wall Street Journal, Fox Business, Inc., Fast Company, Investor's Business Daily, CNNMoney just to name a few. In the last two years alone, we've also been listed on the Inc. 500|5000, Forbes America's Most Promising Companies and Crain's Fastest Growing Companies. Our products have consistently been recognized as best in class including wins of the Chicago Innovation Award, Construction Equipment's Best 100 New Products, Technology Leadership Award, InfoWorld's Top 25 CTO and Best Telematics Service and Application for Commercial Vehicles for our flagship OnlineAVL2 product.
What are the Core Competencies of Successful People at Navman Wireless?
- Customer-Centric Focus: Ability to see things through the customers' eyes, deliver upon their needs and serve as their advocate internally when working on relationship development.
- Positive Attitude: Possess the drive to exceed expectations, think creatively and use problem-solving skills to ensure that Navman Wireless is delighting the client.
- Measurement and Optimization: Focus on the end game, capturing data and making changes based on those results to improve success rates.
- Continuous Learning: Ability and willingness to take the initiative and dedicate necessary time and energy to learn new information and identify new tools that will help the lead generation activities be more successful.
- Solutions-Oriented: Understand that there is always a way and possess a restless drive to getting the job done at the highest quality possible, on time and within budget.
- Strategic Thinker: Possess the business acumen to position the Navman Wireless solution as a strategic advantage for our customers. Must be able to clearly articulate business decision drivers, costs and benefits in the context of the bigger picture.
Interested in Applying for the Position?
Email a PDF of your resume to
This job description is not intended to be complete or limiting – the role will require a proactive and flexible approach to successfully achieving the targets that support a rapid and innovative product development environment.
Navman Wireless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Navman Wireless complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Navman Wireless expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability to Navman Wireless employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Navman Wireless - 18 months ago
Marketing Database Analyst - Northern Suburbs
- 2 days ago
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- 7 days ago
HAVI Global Solutions
Downers Grove, IL
HAVI Global Solutions
- 9 days ago