DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
I. JOB SUMMARY
The D irector of Marketing and Communications is r esponsible for driving diverse marketing and communication initiatives across varied platforms and constituencies to ensure the overall visibility and integrity of the Capital Area Food Bank . This includes, but not limited to managing and developing a team of marketing and communication professionals, editorial c ontent and curation , media relations , brand management and positioning , integrated marketing campaigns, story banking , advertising, project management, advanced online marketing strategies, budget management, reporting and a nalyzing hunger-related information and statistics to all constituencies.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
for the organization
- Planning, organizing, and directing overall marketing and communication strategies and public information
limited to ; organizational messaging, talking points, scripts, articles, advertisements . op-eds, interviews
- Lead , manage and mentor marketing and communications staff and interns
- Produce relevant and compelling editorial content for internal and external distribution , including but not
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Oversee, steward, and maintain Capital Area Food Bank’s media relations to ensure consistent and accurate coverage of the organization’s mission, vision , identity and needs
- Ensure brand integrity , compliance and continuity in accordance to style, logo and brand guidelines
- Create and implement comprehensive integrated marketing campaigns to increase community engagement, participation and awareness
- M anage the marketing and communication s departmental budget, assets, collateral inventory and equipment ; overseeing media buys, advertorials, advertising, capital equipment and marketing materials , subscriptions and contracts
- Lead, drive and direct all graphic design strategies , organizational photograph y , videography , banners, visuals
- Drive a series of integrated digital marketing strategies that reflect the goals and objectives of online engagement and awareness
- Lead web site re-design, user experience, accessibility, search engine optimization, responsive design
- Drive and manage all social media platforms; including social media staff and volunteer trainings
- Provide CAFB staff and others a high-level of internal customer service with support in creating, editing, designing and formatting content
- Lead organization through a website re-design, potential re-branding, and new home in tandem with a capital campaign project; providing all marketing and communication support necessary for a smooth and strategic transition
- Other duties as assigned by the CDO and CEO
A . EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & TRANING
B. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- G raduate degree in related field preferred.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience working with integrated digital marketing strategies and public relations
- Experience in managing a creative team
- Professional media training and/or on-air television/radio experience highly preferred
IV. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Superior writing abilities with demonstrated experience in writing feature stories or other written content that aligns with the strategic objectives of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong service-oriented attitude and work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and work productively with others in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proven design and creative direction experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills required
- Knowledge and experience of AP style for editorial content management
- Experience with content management systems
- Ability to understand technical topics and translate them for public expression
- Integrated digital marketing experience required
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, radiant and electrical energy, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, typewriter, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.
Monster - 12 months ago