The YMCA of the North Shore is looking for a creative and dynamic Marketing and Communications Director to lead our efforts in sharing our story and communicating our mission on a variety of platforms. Dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility, the YMCA of the North Shore is a vibrant and active association of 6 branches with over 14,000 members in a community of over 150 cities and towns and a wide variety of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds. Located at the Cabot Street YMCA in Beverly, the Marketing and Communications Director maintains the primary responsibility for several key marketing and communications functions that directly support the YNS’ achievement of its strategic and business plans, as well as the individual program and service needs of the six local Y’s.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer and with the support of the marketing team, responsibilities include:
1. Lead development, implementation, and measurement of the annual Marketing Plan, which supports the overarching Strategic and Business Plans of the organization.
2. Serve as brand leader. Successfully transition organization to new YMCA brand, and ensure ongoing brand fidelity.
3. Serve as central conduit for all membership and program marketing initiatives; leading process from concept through delivery, measurement and analysis.
4. Work with the Marketing Team and local and association YMCA leadership to design and implement communications to deepen engagement of members, staff, donors, volunteers, elected officials and/or the community at large. Provide leadership to the Graphic Designer while managing all graphic design initiatives and requests. Working with the Digital Marketing Director, assist in maintaining website and social media presence that reflects association messaging and image, YMCA brand, and supports desired outcomes.
5. As part of the YMCA team, plan and execute special events which increase brand awareness and community engagement.
6. Manage association budget for paid advertising, collateral materials, and other associated expenses.
If you have:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills including experience in public speaking and group presentation.
- Market research and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task, build consensus, work under tight deadlines, and prioritize
- Strong technical skills in terms of traditional software (MS Office), design (Adobe CS), and social media (Facebook, Twitter, and You Tube)
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with at least five years professional marketing experience, preferably with a non-profit.
We want to hear from you.
Salary $55,000 - $62,000 commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Meegan O’Neil, Cheif Strategy and Marketing Officer for the YMCA of the North Shore. Please specify “Marketing and Communications Director” in the subject line.
Dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility, our Y welcomes all. We strengthen communities, educate and...