Managers in MCS serve as account liaisons and project leads for client organizations-specifically in the areas of event and membership marketing. Key responsibilities include writing, editing and production management of collateral materials and campaign activities, including social media. The position monitors budgets, scheduling, quality and report development for multiple clients.
- Lead the development of fully integrated, strategic marketing plans for the client, including: market assessment and analysis, objectives and key strategies, innovative approaches and new ideas and tactical metrics/evaluation to benchmark ROI. This includes understanding, analyzing and utilizing client demographics and attendee/exhibitor market research to determine key audience segments, market positioning, brand development, future trends and strategic direction
- Manage the implementation of client marketing plans, including organization/delegation of project roles/responsibilities; manage performance of assigned team ensuring quality of delivery & product, reporting and budget management
- Coordinate work streams for both direct and indirect staff
- Provide creative vision, strong writing/editing, and production oversight for collateral and campaign materials, as well as "hands-on" project/task implementation as needed
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with industry partners, key vendor liaisons, external client contacts and volunteer leaders
- Work closely with internal SmithBucklin account teams to identify opportunities for growth
Who we are: SmithBucklin is a professional services company specializing in association management. We are the world's largest association management company, founded in 1949. The company provides full-service management and high-impact specialized services to trade associations, professional societies, technology user groups, corporations, government institutes/agencies and other nonprofit organizations. SmithBucklin's mission is to drive growth for its client organizations and provide uncompromised stewardship for their long-term prosperity. SmithBucklin offices are located in Chicago, IL, Washington, DC, Old Lyme, CT, Bethesda, MD, St. Louis, MO, Buffalo Grove, IL and St. Paul, MN. SmithBucklin is 100 percent employee-owned.
- BA/BS required (concentration in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Business preferred)
- 5-7 years total relevant professional experience in marketing environment to include proven managerial skills, with not less than 2 years supervisory experience and team leadership experience
- Working knowledge of marketing process, including research, planning, promotion, and evaluation
- Experience with marketing events, trade shows, and/or membership organizations
- Client service experience critical; agency experience and experience with trade associations helpful; history of working with volunteer leaders/boards a plus
- Strong track record as a successful event marketing professional, including strategy, planning and execution for attendee and exhibitor/sponsor audiences; team leadership; client interaction and reporting expertise; proactive campaign tracking, contingency planning, ROI and analysis skills; strong team player, especially with Convention, Sales and Education (content) counterparts; strong results orientation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in budget/financial management
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding and experience with social media
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic to moderate knowledge of HTML
The Marketing & Communication services unit ( MCS ) provides a range of services to our client organizations, including marketing, communications, editorial, visual communications and market research. We are in the midst of transforming our service unit to strengthen our marketing competencies and offerings and are looking for an addition to our team. Our client leads partner with association leaders and volunteers to develop marketing &/or communication plans to support the objectives of the client organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/V/D