University of Idaho
Marketing and Communications Manager
University Communications & Marketing
Open for Recruitment: April 1, 2013 - April 29, 2013
Announcement #: 15458086003
Salary Range: $45,000+ DOE/yr
Full or Part Time: Full Time
This position is contingent upon the continuation of work and/or funding.
Online Application ( Apply Here )
Letter of Qualification
To be considered, complete the online application including a resume, letter of qualification detailing how you meet each of the minimum and desirable qualifications, and a list of at least 3 professional references including contact information.
The Marketing and Communications Manager (MCM) is in charge of key internal and external communication tools. As the primary communications representative for one or more units, the MCM is the chief content strategist for her/his area(s). The MCM will advance the unit's/division's reputation through purposeful creative and messaging that is tied to the university's bran and the strategic initiatives of the unit(s). The MCM provides marketing leadership in a variety of areas, including alumni relations, web content, media and public relations and publications. The MCM provides counsel to the dean and departments on marketing approaches; writes and edits a variety of marketing materials in electronic and print format, including alumni magazines, web content, brochures, fact sheets and posters, scripts and talking points, advertisements, promotional articles and news releases; coordinates special events; supervises web technician(s); and oversees the work of designers, photographers and freelance writers. The MCM interfaces with University Communications & Marketing team to coordinate content and relay information to and from the supported unit(s).
MUST: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or a related field and four years of professional experience, or a combination of education and experience totaling 8 years.
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of marketing principles.
- Experience planning and executing marketing plans and initiatives to achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Working knowledge of web design principles, printing processes, graphics formats, and effective design and photography principles.
- Established record of collaboration and good interpersonal and communication skills with diverse internal and external constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical or specialized information for public use and understanding.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Pages, Powerpoint/Keynote, and Photoshop or other photo-editing program.
Experience using a content management system for publishing web content
Master's degree in communications, marketing or public relations or a related field
Experience working with advancement and development professionals, including writing proposals for solicitation
Experience working in higher education
Experience producing and editing informational and marketing collateral
Experience writing press releases
Knowledge of management and supervisory techniques
About the University of Idaho - Founded in 1889, the University of Idaho is the state’s flagship higher-education institution and its principal graduate education and research university, bringing insight and innovation to the state, the nation and the world. University researchers attract nearly $100 million in research grants and contracts each year; the University of Idaho is the only institution in the state to earn the prestigious Carnegie Foundation classification for high research activity. The university’s student population includes first-generation college students and ethnically diverse scholars. Offering more than 130 degree options in 10 colleges, the university combines the strengths of a large university with the intimacy of small learning communities. For more information, visit www.uidaho.edu.
To enrich education through diversity, the University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
University of Idaho - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard