Job Title: Marketing and Group Sales Coordinator
Reports To: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/ Part-time
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for a Sales Manager at the INTRUST Bank Arena.
Summary: Under direct supervision, this position will assist the Sales and Marketing Department with administrative and clerical responsibilities. Coordinate and follow-through with all group ticket sales and communication.
• Carry out specific marketing procedures related to events through advertising, public relations and group sales as requested by the Director of Sales and Marketing and Marketing Manager.
• Act as the department lead of group sales including soliciting, managing and maintaining group event accounts and maintaining the building group sales database.
• Maintain a variety of files and records of information such as budget, sales and marketing reports, event files, expense records and other related documents.
• Coordinate group sales with box office, finance and show promoters.
• Coordinate and execute direct mailings, telemarketing, emailing and other promotions associated with group ticket sales.
• Create and manage outgoing e-mail blasts for both marketing and group sales databases.
• Manage and direct grassroots and viral efforts for all applicable events.
• Assist with the implementation of marketing programs and promotions.
• Maintain files within the Marketing Department (i.e. press clips, photos)
• Maintain customer satisfaction analysis, sales programs and service programs.
• Help coordinate development and activities of a Street Team to promote events
• Implement clerical duties of staff
• Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• College degree required
• Minimum 2 years experience in marketing/advertising
• Sales experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
• Superior customer service skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with media users, employees, and the general public.
• Operate Photoshop, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other related office programs.
• Ability to project and recognize potential problems and implement corrective action
• Comfortable communicating with media
• Comfortable cold-calling for group sales and meeting with group leaders about setting up group outings.
• High energy level and a sense of humor essential.
• Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Kansas.
• Ability to work long, irregular hours as dictated by programming
• Demonstrate knowledge of principles, practices and terminology of marketing, advertising, public relations programs, sales procedures and presentations.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
Physical Demands: This position requires personal mobility for getting around the facility. Must be able to use a computer, write, type; and use phone and cell phone. Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
INTRUST Bank Arena
500 E. Waterman
Wichita, KS 67202
No phone calls please
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D