The Marketing and Outreach specialist assists the implementation of partnerships, strategies and campaigns to support the enrollment and sales goals of all CalOptima’s programs. This position will serve as the liaison with internal clients to develop sales and enrollment collateral as well as other print materials by working with the creative team and external vendors. The Marketing and Outreach specialist provides event coordination and production support to sales and enrollment teams as well as Community Relations. This position will develop market research analysis and market assessment to help build programs and activities that will increase CalOptima’s overall brand, enrollment and sales. The specialist supports the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Manager of Marketing and Outreach on tracking marketing and outreach activities, advertising and partnership activities. Expected and empowered to be a real-time problem solver for internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have great communication and research skills as well as be a highly organized. Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as training and experience progress.
- Delivers print and other assigned marketing projects on-time and on-budget by applying excellent project management and follow-up skills. Manages multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintains compliance of printed materials by understanding relevant federal and state regulations and by working with the Compliance and Regulatory Affairs departments to resolve questions and issues.
- Coordinates timely, accurate order fulfillment of sales and enrollment materials by staying on internal needs as well as the underlying inventory and ordering processes.
- Lead the design and development of marketing materials, coordinating with other CalOptima departments, as necessary, for procurement, printing, proofing, and inventory control.
- Assists with the development of awareness programs and manages the day to day grassroots tactics and activities.
- Develops and provides reporting of metrics for print and broadcast media, marketing, and branding.
- Interfaces with marketing agency and/or media and print vendors.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) and California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and/or Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC) sales and marketing policies, rules, and regulations.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience designing and implementing operational performance measures and tracking and reporting business results
- Healthcare experience and experience marketing to ethnic populations a plus.
- Develop rapport, establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels and from varying cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Work independently and with team members to manage multiple projects with deadlines using effective time management and project planning skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Prepare written reports and maintain accurate records.
- Remain knowledgeable of CalOptima’s programs and services.
- Work with internal staff to resolve problems/analyze complex situations as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Effectively utilize computer and appropriate software and interact as needed with CalOptima Information Systems.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in marketing, public relations, or special events management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to cultivate and build positive relationships with internal departments and external stakeholders.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills required.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Strategic thinker with analytical skills.
- Driver’s license and vehicle or other approved means of transportation may be required for some assignments.
- Strong project management experience, client management ability and solid time management skills needed.
- Strong MS Office, computer and research skills are a must.
- Marketing principles, strategies and tactics.
- Project management processes.
- Managed care, Medi-Cal, Medicare and community engagement a plus.