Bank of the West has an exciting new role in their Wealth Management Group for a Mass Affluent Client Segment Manager. This role will report directly to the head of our Wealth Managment Group and be responsible for developing and implementing an overall strategy focused on accelerating the growth of the Bank's mass affluent client base and deepening the penetration of banking and investment solutions for our mass affluent client segment.
This senior leader will be responsible for developing a uniquely tailored value proposition and brand identity for the Mass Affluent client segment. They will be responsible for leading sales performance against a full product line including retirement & investment credit, insurance, deposits and mortgage products. Lead a team focused on building and implementing the groups’ segmentation strategy, marketing/cross sell campaigns, sales management processes, brand awareness and client experience.
Drive business results through lead generation, relationship deepening and client retention strategies. This enterprise leader will be housed within the Regional Banking Group (RBG) but closely collaborate and coordinate activities with the Wealth Management Group (WMG), National Finance Group (NFG), Commercial Banking Group (CBG) and our administrative support groups.
1. Establish and drive Bank of the West's goals in capturing retirement assets and deepening banking relationships.
2. Enhance and refine differentiated value propositions and client experience for the mass affluent client segment.
3. In coordination with BancWest Investment Services (BWIS), retail deposit products and National Finance Group (NFG) consumer lending, develop and drive mass affluent banking product development, management and pricing strategies to achieve return requirements and volume goals.
4. Define and execute a client experience uniquely tailored to the needs and expectations of affluent clients.
5. Develop and implement alternative delivery channels (online and center based) uniquely tailored to the needs of affluent clients.
6. Oversight of Mass Affluent loan portfolio including: Enhancing Bank of the West's client experience of loan products. Develop and implement loan pricing models/matrices established to meet Bank of the West's return requirements and growth targets.
7. Ensure overall product offering is segmented, prioritized, developed and delivered based on client need and business goals.
8. Develop and drive, with the support and assistance of key leaders from Regional Banking Group (RBG), National Finance Group (NFG) and Wealth Management Group (WMG), the sales management process. Define key metrics to measure progress against goals by product, client segment and distribution channels.
9. Lead review of sales performance for the Mass Affluent group; develop and deliver performance reporting segment vitality, financial results and asset quality to provide insights and define areas of opportunity for future growth.
• 15 or more years of specialized experience, such as in the field of sales execution, client experience and strategy, minimum five years focused on sales and strategy for the mass affluent customer segment
• 8 or more years of successful leadership/management experience.
• An enterprise focused executive with well-developed strategy and execution skills.
• "Hands on" knowledge of all consumer banking, Affluent and High Net Worth client segments.
• Strong leadership and influencing skills with well-developed knowledge of working across multiple groups, divisions and sales and service channels.
• Well-developed strategic planning skills; experience translating strategic plans into strong tactical execution.
• Exposure to and knowledge of complex financial products and services.
• Thorough knowledge of operational activities and technology solutions associated with retail banking and wealth management.
• A strong understanding of retail and wealth management sales process, relationship deepening and client retention strategies.
• Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Compelling written and verbal presentation skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance or similar degree required
• Master’s/Advanced Degree preferred
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...