Responsible for providing excellent guest experiences as it relates to performing massage and body treatments. All massage and body treatments must be performed according to JdV policies, procedures and service standards.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation.
Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
Must hold current applicable licensing
Minimum completion of 500 accredited massage technician instructional education hours.
Two years spa experience, preferably in a high-end and/or hospitality environment.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Punctual, regular and reliable attendance.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, evenings and mornings.
Two years professional Resort Spa experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as standing, bending, reaching, stooping and lifting.
- Ability to stand, bend, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for a maximum of eight hours (excluding meal and rest breaks) through out the work shift.
- Repetitive hand and arm motion (body manipulation) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and/or carry 50 pounds
- Perform all duties in a manner that is consistent with JdV policies and procedures and Spa Service Standards.
- Provide excellent customer service by promptly responding to guests’ needs and concerns.
- Develop positive relationships with guests to ensure comfort with the spa experience.
- Perform full-body massage and massage/treatment combinations with products/equipment designed for each massage and massage/treatment on the Spa menu.
- Willingness to listen to guest feedback and adjust treatment accordingly
- Adhere to appropriate and proper draping procedures according Spa Service Standards.
- Be timely with each guest and complete the full length of their scheduled appointment.
- Maintain knowledge of existing treatments and all new treatments offered in the massage department.
- Maintain good knowledge of all other treatments offered at the Spa.
- Perform all treatments, existing and new, including any/all modified lengths of treatment times.
- Educate guests on home care products to continue treatment at home.
- Make product recommendations as appropriate.
- Care for and clean massage department equipment daily.
- Responsible for all linens and towels associated with scheduled treatments including but not limited to removal of dirty linens and towels, replacing/restocking linens and towels.
- Ensure that treatment room is maintained in a cleanly, sanitized, and organized manner at all times.
- Document maintenance needs and submit to management.
- Knowledgeable of emergency and safety procedures.
- Ensure timely start and finish times of treatments.
- Maintain strong knowledge about inn and restaurant service offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must maintain general knowledge of hotel and restaurant services and hours
- Willingness to work at private and/or hotel sponsored events utilizing chair massage or other customized treatments.
Secondary Job Functions:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
- Perform special massage department related projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Joie de Vivre Hospitality - 30+ days ago