Headquartered in Philadelphia, Radian connects lenders, homebuyers, investors and loan servicers using a suite of private mortgage insurance and related risk management products and services. We help promote and preserve the tradition of homeownership while protecting lenders from default-related losses on residential first mortgages. We also facilitate the sale of low-down payment mortgages in the secondary market.
Our commitment to homeownership is built on a foundation of evaluating credit risk; we help clients and investors expertly and prudently manage risk in any market condition.
The Master Black Belt is responsible for leading complex, large scale process improvement and transformation projects. Applies appropriate improvement tools and methodologies to meet business objectives and ensure long-term improvement. Drives continuous improvement culture to support growth, customer satisfaction and productivity. Contributes to deployment management including communication/training development and delivery.
1. Leads complex Process Improvement and Process Design projects. Uses statistics and analytics to prove root cause of process deficiencies, develops process quality metrics to identify improvement opportunities and documents the financial impacts of process improvements. May team with Information Technology personnel to identify opportunities to automate processes for sustained gains. Drive business requirements definition.
2. Consults on the use of Lean and Six Sigma Techniques to improve process performance. Coaches and mentors individuals and Green Belt teams in the practical application of tools to lead improvement initiatives and embed practices into individual operating areas.
3. Works as a motivator, change agent, trainer/educator. Participates in the design, facilitation and training related to multiple Process Improvement Disciplines (including Lean, “Quick-Hit” Improvements/Kaizen, Six Sigma). Facilitates Organization and Cross-Organizational Knowledge Sharing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Results oriented professional with proven track record and demonstrated results
- Outstanding data analysis skills, understand how to apply statistical methods in financial services Strong leadership skills, experience successfully facilitating cross-functional and cross-business teams.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in change management; continuous improvement methodologies, disciplines, and practices.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to identify organizational strengths/opportunities across the enterprise to improve company’s performance.
- Strong background and experience in quality and service delivery, technology solutions, cost management, operations management, vendor and relationship management, business process engineering, program management, and problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a financial services, operations or customer service setting
- Proven ability to manage complex initiatives across multiple teams/platforms. Proven quantitative and analytical skill set.
- Exceptional Six Sigma skills and knowledge.
- Must have demonstrated project management skills.
- Business Requirements skills a plus.
- Strong PC proficiency (Microsoft Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) or comparable software application. Minitab strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-business, multi-functional or matrix projects
- Strong strategic skills with ability to quickly learn a new process integrate key business needs and formulate a strategic and tactical approach to move forward.
- Clear thinker who can seek out and identify key data themes and distill the findings into an actionable strategy and solution.
- Strong systems aptitude, able to identify opportunities to leverage technology as a productivity enabler.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships at multiple levels of an organization.
- Exceptional influence skills with ability to manage expectations and prioritize effectively in a matrix organization.
- Employs a collaborative skill set with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes in a cross-functional, matrix organization.
- Strong communication & presentation skills - ability to build and deliver effective presentations that are tailored to the needs of the audience, able to influence and gain consensus.
- 10-15 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree required, MS or MBA preferred Master Black Belt, Lean Six Sigma (Required) PMP (Preferred)
Radian Group Inc. - 17 months ago