The Broadcast Operations Technician IV will provide leadership, oversight, and training of subordinate technicians on a daily basis. They should be proficient in all tasks assigned to subordinate positions.. Technician IV’s help coordinate operational activities, delegates tasks and balances workload of all subordinate positions, when applicable. They are responsible for day-to-day activities within their department and ensures on-air signal integrity.
EchoStar is a billion dollar company with over 5,000 employees worldwide and more than 25 years of experience designing, developing and distributing award-winning television set-top boxes, services and related delivery products for television. EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. It’s wholly owned subsidiary, Hughes , is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet ®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded ® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System and Blockbuster Digital.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Quailifications
- Evaluates subordinate performance of technical quality control checks on a variety of all media controlled by the department.
- Responsible for coordinating live event programming. Troubleshoots problems involving signal path, media, programming, and logs.
- Performs technical quality control checks on a variety of media
- Ensures effective communications and service excellence between Master Control and internal/external customers including program providers and corporate departments.
- Reports, reviews, and determines impact of outages and recommends or performs preventative/corrective actions
- Prepares reports for external use detailing technical discrepancies.
- Maintains logs and inputs data into established databases and assists in the development of new databases
- Ensures escalation procedures to report non-conforming media are followed
- Participates in the development and implementation of processes, procedures, and training materials while providing mentoring and training to junior members of the Team
- Recommends policies for the effective operation of the department.
- Shift work may be required.
- Other duties as required.
- Indirectly responsible for non-exempt staff. Is responsible for the performance of subordinates.
- Makes recommendations to superiors regarding hiring, term. decisions, training and discipline.
Additional Details Benefits of the position
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and one year of related experience and/or training, or four years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating manuals, instructions and procedures
- Ability to use Microsoft Office computer tools to access emails, enter data, access databases, etc.
- Ability to remain calm in a high pressure situation
- Medical, Health Savings Account, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar - 15 months ago
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...