Position Title: Master Control Operator
Position Reports To: Senior Manager of Network Origination
Position Summary: The MLB Network seeks an experienced Master Control Operator to execute the playback of the Primary and Alternate Channels using automation and live functionality.
- Technically monitor network outbound and inbound feeds for video and audio quality.
- Check playlist against program log to assure correct content is schedule for air
- Count ADs in control room through commercial breaks.
- Effectively timeout playlists and work with Live ADs to coordinate playback of Games and Studio programming and graphic insertion.
- Execute all technical aspects of switching primary and emergency sources to air.
- Manage seamless execution of airing breaking news.
- Communicate all outages to supervisors.
- Prepare on air content as required.
Skills & Experience :
- A minimum of three to five years of relevant Master Control Operator On Air experience is required.
- Knowledge of master control automation systems, routers, monitoring equipment and server based work flows.
- Working knowledge of HD television master control systems.
- Hands on experience with master control automation systems and server playback.
- Ability to work effectively under stressful breaking news situations and system outages.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in the pressurized environment of live television.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours; holidays and weekends.
- Knowledge of Snell Automation, routers, server work flows, Tektronix monitoring equipment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or technical school equivalent required; Communications major is highly preferred.
Major League Baseball
- 2 years ago - save job