Provide consistent operation and communication throughout the Sherburne County Jail while maintaining safety and security.
Examples of Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
These examples of typical duties do not include all possible tasks for this classification and do not limit the assignment of related tasks. Regular attendance according to the department’s approved work schedule is required for all Sherburne County positions.
1. Video monitor all jail activity
2. Electronically control access and doors in jail
3. Maintain communication between courts and jail
4. Maintain court calender
5. Maintain in-custody files
6. Log all keys used by staff
7. Log all inmates departure and return from work release program
8. Maintain communications between jail and dispatch
9. Maintain communication between jail and maintenance staff
10. Maintain county warrant process
11. Complete radio checks prior to the start of each new shift
12. Inmate phone call record keeping and monitoring
13. Arrange transport for inmates awaiting pick-up in other counties
14. Answer government center business phone during and after business hours
15. After business hours contact for government center
16. Retrieve files for booking and supervisors
17. Sort and distribute inmate mail
High School diploma or equivalent is required. Must successfully pass background check, psychological assessment, and computer skills test.
Excellent typing skills, computer proficiency, superior audio and visual capabilities are required.
This is a 24/7 operation with shifts bid by seniority. Workers in this class work in a secure control room and do not have direct prisoner contact.
Full Time Master Control Operator work schedule: 6 days on / 3 days off rotating schedule.
Sherburne County, MN - 7 months ago