Sure our name is silly, but Big Ass Fans is serious about being the best: the best in fan design and engineering, the best in customer service and the best place to work. That's why we are looking for great talent to help us get there.
That's not to say Big Ass Fans isn't already a force to be reckoned with. Since our beginning in 1999 we have experienced phenomenal growth. Our staff has grown from two eager entrepreneurs to a worldwide team of over 300 employees.
Bring Your Best to the Table
Big Ass Fans is looking for big thinkers. Big Ideas are what helped us become the world-class company we are today. We have a multi-phase interview and testing process to help us find the bright minds who will help lead the company into the future. It doesn't matter if you are fresh from the graduation aisle or a seasoned pro. If you are smart, savvy and driven, Big Ass Fans is looking for you.
At Big Ass Fans the work is fast-paced and challenging, but the rewards are great. Enjoy a rapidly growing company with excellent benefits.
We describe our ideal employee as:
To succeed as a Master Electrician, you will need to demonstrate a high level of:
- Smart – highly intelligent in a practical way (not just "book smart").
- Takes initiative – recognizes an opportunity and moves quickly to take advantage of it.
- Committed – willing to work hard and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Curious – genuinely, intensely curious about the world and people around them.
- Adaptable – readily adjusting oneself and one’s responses to changes in situation or business climate.
Your role will include these critical activities:
- Communications - Possess a heightened sense of situational and contextual awareness; be a great listener and capable of effectively relating information.
- Self-Management - Initiate communication and coordination of your activities. Effectively direct your own actions to achieve objectives.
- Critical Thinking – Be adept at actively and skillfully gathering, understanding and filtering information. Use that filtered information to guide your actions.
- Analytical Thinking – Be able to take a scientific approach to problem solving. Use a wide range of considerations and perspectives view to issues. Be able analyze a variety of information to make logical, well-reasoned decisions.
Finally, you must also convince us that you have a:
- Operating on site and in an on-call capacity. Duties include performing installation and routine service and repairs of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Constructing, testing, inspecting, repairing, installing, modifying, and maintaining electrical and mechanical systems.
- Identifying parts for replacement and placing orders as necessary.
- Overseeing and directing new installations from site when required. Communicating directly with contractors and designers concerning project details.
- Using strong communication skills to inform and advise customers, managers and other departments of NEC codes and regulations.
- Maintaining Kentucky State Master Electricians License and seeking out licensing in other states.
- Maintaining familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of the electrician trade.
- Using wide range of previous experience to accomplish goals.
Big Ass Fans has a commitment to the principles of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with this commitment, we will continue recruitment, employment, compensation, promotion, terms, conditions and privileges of employment of qualified persons without regard to gender, race, age, sex, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals shall be judged solely on their job-related aptitude, training skills and performance.
- Master Electrician’s license valid and current in Kentucky.
- 5 – 7 years of experience working as a Master Electrician.
- Ability to pass an industrial wiring exam.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 75% of working hours.
- A clean driving record.
- Must pass drug screening and background check.