Reports to: Purchasing Supervisor
Location: Sheboygan - Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: The Master Planner is responsible for coordinating all aspects of raw material management required to support production. This includes planning & scheduling materials from MRP, managing material availability, troubleshooting material availability problems, determining & eliminating the root cause of problems in the supply chain, communicating material supply issues to internal customers, resolving conflicts as they arise, and placing PO’s with suppliers. This position will work in close partnership with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Scheduling, Customer Service, and Corporate Logistics, and external partners such as our raw material suppliers in order to develop supply chain strategies and plans that maximize service levels while simultaneously minimizing risk and reducing total inventory & cost throughout the entire supply chain. The position encompasses the principles of customer service, teamwork, communication, and negotiation.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED
• A bachelor’s degree in Business, Production Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
• At least two year’s experience in manufacturing, production planning, scheduling, materials management or related function is strongly preferred. APICS certification would be a plus but is not required.
• Good team player with passion, customer focus, a demonstrated sense of urgency to resolve conflicts as they arise, & the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong data analysis, problem solving skills, and math skills.
• Demonstrated history of identifying & implementing creative solutions to drive cost out of the supply chain and improving existing systems & processes.
• The flexibility to handle a broad range of responsibilities as well as the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be a self starter, and be able to work independently without close supervision.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented, able to prioritize tasks and work against deadlines.
• The ability to determine root cause with a focus on implementing effective solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to implement continuous improvement processes.
• Able to develop excellent relationships with internal and external customers (suppliers), as well as troubleshoot and manage resources to gain solutions to complex supply problems.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills & the ability to clearly communicate to all levels of the organization.
• Capable of making decisions as needed.
• Working knowledge of bill of materials, manufacturing processes, and operations.
• Good negotiating skills are a plus.
• Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), expert with ERP/MRP/MPS software systems. Experience with JD Edwards is a plus.
Please send your resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rockline Industries, Inc - 13 months ago
Rockline Industries is a family owned corporation established in 1976.
Rockline is principally engaged in the manufacturing and marketing...