PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION :
To effectively manage the master schedule within the assigned area to achieve goals consistent with divisional and corporate resource plans.
1. Timely integration of forecasted product demand into the master production schedule.
• Combines forecast at MPS level and reviews output for impact on manufacturing resources (material and capacity)
• Commits forecast to MRP consistent with manufacturing objectives.
2. Achieves a balanced manufacturing plan consistent with divisional and corporate resource objectives.
• Initiates communication with order entry and marketing to resolve demand conflicts.
• Interacts with Production Planning and Purchasing to achieve a balanced manufacturing purchase plan.
3. Monitors and reports performance to plan.
• Provides feedback to respective market/business groups.
• Provides visibility on forecast volume – units/dollars.
• Provides leadership in the recognition and recommended disposition of obsolete/excess inventory items.
• Reports to departmental and divisional managers on performance to plan.
4. Maintains appropriate planning parameters on assigned product.
• Reviews demand fences of optimum leadtimes consistent with inventory objectives.
• Reviews and sets forecast leveling parameters.
• Maintains appropriate forecast horizons.
5. Informs immediate supervisor of significant problem areas and secures policy.
6. Demonstrates proficiency in MRP-MPS system knowledge.
7. Provides leadership in master scheduling area.
8. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
BA degree in business, industrial technology or engineering and 6 years of experience, or 8 years
work experience, at least 4 of which with a computer based manufacturing system.
APICS Certification in Master Planning preferred.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 15 months ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...