Polaris is a recognized leader in the powersports industry with annual 2011 sales of $2.7 billion. Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM) and Goupil Industrie SA, and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Pure Polaris apparel, accessories and parts, available at Polaris dealerships.
To convert the needs of the marketplace into manufacturing schedules that maximizes the profitability of the company, meeting corporate financial plans, capacity and engineering constraints, and product team goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Creates, modifies, and keeps current the assembly line schedules for assigned products.
2. Works with the product team to balance market demands with line capacities, tooling and supplier capacities, and engineering readiness. Informs product team and plant management of capacity and line schedule issues.
3. Monitors forecast and forecast accuracy. Schedules production to achieve 95% + fill rates with minimal inventory.
4. Recommends hedge inventory parts and levels to plant management based on lead times, market conditions, and forecast accuracy.
5. Forecasts finished goods levels for assigned products, and verify that financial targets, ship schedules, and production schedules are in check.
6. Works with finance and the product team to develop the annual financial budget.
7. Be an influential part of the Materials leadership team by driving improvement in people and processes.
9. Performs other duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. APICS certification preferred.
2. 5-6 Years materials planning or relevant experience required.
3. BS/BA degree in business or related field preferred
Polaris Industries - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...