This position is for Excelsior Springs Seating Systems, a division of Magna Seating.
Magna Seating is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seating systems, seat structure and mechanism solutions as well as foam & trim products for the global automotive industry. Our capabilities range from market and consumer research, full concept development, design and engineering, testing and validation to world-class manufacturing.
Excelsior Springs Seating is a JIT seat assembly plant in Excelsior Springs, MO. (20 minutes from Kansas City)
The Material Controller will perform the following:
Review and approve material list for conformance to company standard practice concerning parts and material used. Coordinate and authorize the purchase department to requisition supplies due to rejections or engineering changes involving ongoing production. Supervise all associated paperwork involved in scheduling including shippers and plant load sheets.
• Requisition materials and items requested by department managers.
• Set-up and audit accounts with local or non-local vendors.
• Review periodically different vendors or services to ensure competitive prices.
• Type purchase orders for goods or services, receivers and maintain invoice files.
• Set-up and maintain current price indexes and parts catalogs for maintenance department.
• Requisition all tool crib items.
• Maintains and monitors list of Fork Lift Certifications and give written test.
• Coordinates NAFTA certificate of origin from suppliers and complete customer NAFTA reports.
• Perform Ford Customer Service duties as required
• Develops and analyzes lists of raw materials, purchase parts, and equipment needed in Manufacture of automobile seat assemblies complete.
• Assist the Operations Manager in attaining necessary materials to support defined schedules.
• Schedule and summarize all outgoing production. Assist Material Control Manager in shipping defined customer orders.
• Coordinate and formulate all raw materials and purchase parts needed for production.
• Schedule and direct orders concerning the size and quantities of material needed for plant operations.
• Control and organize material substitutions, storage and handling, and maintenance requirements for scheduled deliveries.
• Evaluate and maintain inventories of stock to adequately support scheduled production. Administer and direct timely transportation of completed product
Knowledge and Education
A four-year degree and three (3) years of experience in general material control and scheduling of customer orders or the equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must have a working knowledge of MRP systems. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. A high level of analytical ability is required to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Magna - 12 months ago
Through its various subsidiaries and divisions, Magna International makes just about everything needed to put together a motor vehicle....