The primary purpose of this job is to coordinate the deliver, restock, and inventory verifications of internal material requirements to ensure timely receipt of required material and efficient delivery of finished product to customers. Performs clerical and physical tasks for shipment and/or receipt of goods.
- Adheres to GB Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
- Prepares shipments and completes paperwork for outbound freight.
- Runs Kanban Delivery Routes, which include: Pick-up, Pick/Pull process, Delivery of goods, transactions and restocking of containers.
- Audits Kanban system throughout the facility, on a regular basis, and issue corrective actions to the system.
- Routes incoming material to proper departments.
- Organizes and maintains direct materials and/or other components stock. Maintains chemical storage facility.
- Assists Operations planning by monitoring and verifying inventory levels and lot sequences and/or heat numbers.
- Provides customer service in manning of stockroom counter, processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Packages finished good materials and generate shipping orders to ensure delivery to customer.
- Orders product directly from the supplier to ensure material is received within the required timeframe to meet schedules.
- Loads and Unloads trucks for incoming and outgoing material.
- Schedules trucks for delivery of product to customers.
- Compiles and maintains computerized records such as material inventory.
- Performs other functions as required.
Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: 5-7 years of experience OR 0-2 years experience with Associate’s degree.
Specialized Knowledge: Proven experience and understanding of Kanban Market Systems. Strong computer skills.
Special Skills: Strong organizational skills.
Other: Understanding of and exposure to APICS principles preferred.
Greatbatch - 21 months ago
ElectroChem Incorporated was founded in 1986 with a strong reputation for successful problem solving in the field of fuel cells - a...