Working as a Material Damage Adjuster II for the Claims Department of the Fort Wayne Claims Office, ideally living in and servicing Northwest Indiana , you will appraise material damage claims and total losses as received by assignment. You will also negotiate settlement of claims and disposes of salvage. This position works from home, and a company car is provided.
Skills and Abilities
- Good analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to estimate damage on all types of motor vehicles.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- High school diploma, or GED, required .
- Five years experience in body shop or insurance claims adjusting, including estimate writing experience required .
- Experience with The ERIE preferred .
- Completion of General Insurance program preferred .
- Incumbent must live in territory assigned unless a change is approved by the company.
- Position requires the incumbent to serve on the Catastrophe Team, which may include travel on short notice to other locations for periods in excess of two weeks.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required .
Great Insurance Jobs
- 22 months ago - save job