The Claims Department at Explorer Insurance is looking to add an Material Damage Manager to our team. Our team provides innovative products and coverage solutions as well as professional and impartial account and claim handling. Join our team of skilled professionals that is dedicated to quality and superior customer service.
“Claim” your role.
Our Material Damage Manager will oversee the technical claims staff assuring timely, professional and cost effective adjustment of claims, primarily those of a non-injury type including physical damage, property damage and total loss.They will also assist the Claim Director and/or Vice President in the administration of the Claim Department as it relates to this segment of claim operations. Duties and responsibilities will be primarily focused on managing staff and process related to material/physical damage repair processes including total loss and oversight of vendor management including external appraisal company.
- Responsible for technical aspects and general day to day management of the claim unit as it relates to material/physical damage claims. Monitors technical handling of claims involving vehicle appraisal and adjustment including total loss, first party physical damage and 3rd party property damage
- Assist Director and VP in establishing and enforcing basic claims handling principles, processes and procedures for claims staff in compliance with state regulations and Company policy.
- Enforces use of existing management controls to assure timely and proper handling in compliance with state regulations.
- Reviews and grants authority on claims submitted by direct reports or Supervisors
- Assist Supervisors in providing technical and strategic direction on material/physical damage claims.
- Facilitates claim file reviews and audits, assuring DOI compliance and quality standards are being upheld.This includes review and audit of appraisal vendor and their work product.
- Provides claim training support related but not limited to Claim Rep trainee program, DOI claim handling compliance, claim investigation, negotiation and resolution; assists in complying training documentation and reference materials for resource center related to material damage/physical damage segment of claims handling.
- Utilizes various management reports to assess performance of staff.Identifies trends and partners with Supervisors, Director and VP to develop action plans for improvement in individual, unit, department and branch results related to material damage aspects of claims .
- As requested or assigned, participates in team planning and implementation activities sharing own expertise to accomplish department/company goals.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, training and development of team members;planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complainants and resolving problems.
- Assist department head with planning and budgeting form Claims Department • Follows company budget, rules and quality standards