Claims Department at Explorer Insurance is looking to add a Material Damage Manager to our team. Our team provides innovative products and coverage solutions as well as professional and impartial account and claim handling. Join our team of skilled professionals that is dedicated to quality and superior customer service.
Claim” your role.
Our Material Damage Manager will oversee the technical claims staff assuring timely, professional and cost effective adjustment of claims, primarily those of a non-injury type including physical damage, property damage and total loss. Responsibilities include:
•Responsible for technical aspects and general day to day management of the claim unit as it relates to material/physical damage claims. Monitors technical handling of claims involving vehicle appraisal and adjustment including total loss, first party physical damage and 3rd party property damage
• Assist Director and VP in establishing and enforcing basic claims handling principles, processes and procedures for claims staff in compliance with state regulations and Company policy. Reviews and grants authority on claims submitted by direct reports or Supervisors as well as providing technical and strategic direction on such claims.
• Facilitates claim file reviews and audits, assuring DOI compliance and quality standards are being upheld .This includes review and audit of appraisal vendor and their work product.
• Provides claim training support related but not limited to Claim Rep trainee program, DOI claim handling compliance, claim investigation, negotiation and resolution; assists in complying training documentation and reference materials for resource center related to material damage/physical damage segment of claims handling.
• Utilizes various management reports to assess performance of staff. Identifies trends and partners with Supervisors, Director and VP to develop action plans for improvement in individual, unit, department and branch results related to material damage aspects of claims .
Skills and Requirements include:
• BA Degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 5-7 years adjusting standard and non-standard automobile claims with at least 2 years as a supervisor/manager of claim professionals. Appraisal experience a plus.
• Must possess technical claim experience with strong analytical skills. Expertise in the knowledge of automobile part and repair techniques with current knowledge of industry repair procedures.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to work independently prioritizing multiple tasks
• Extensive knowledge of automated claim appraisal systems
• Proficient in oral and written communication with focus on customer service to internal and external clients.
• Ability to provide recommendations and solutions to department/company as it relates to material damage, including total loss claims handling.
ICW Group - 23 months ago