Optimization of processes and procedures by identifying and eliminating material presentation and flow issues.
Define appropriate materials presentation strategy and replenishment methods (such as flow & sequencing racks).
Design, prototype and approve material delivery options.
Establish and monitor metrics relative to material issues and ensure close loop corrective action process is in place with designated champions, to drive continuous improvement.
Work closely with other key stakeholders including: Master Planning, Product Manufacturing Engineers, Line Supervisor, Business Unit Manager, Maintenance, Safety and External Warehousing.
Coordinate physical set-up of Material Flow layout areas. Train all current and incoming material handling supervisors and wage personnel. Provide training, support, and updates to the material management processes and tools.
Work with Manufacturing Engineers and Management for improved line-side presentation and material flow/replenishment.
Implement layouts and process that facilitate simple material flow.
Continuous improvement activities for inventory reduction opportunities.
Manage material & information flow - focus on process that enables the right part, at the right time, and in the right quantities
Coordinates with other departments to insure smooth flow of materials and shipment of finished products.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years minimum experience in materials management (including Kanban, sequencing & kitting within Manufacturing/Operations.
- A Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline
- Experience with line and process design, material presentation and visual management tools.
- Knowledge of capital budgeting and capital equipment justification process.
- Working knowledge of database management tools, e-Kanban systems and other process management systems. Excellent communication, team work and problem solving skills.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Experience using Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, and Project.
- Experience with Plan for Every Part (PFEP) strategies.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and plant operating objectives, as well as scheduling and inventory control systems
Polaris Industries - 18 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...