Position Title: Material Handler (Temporary)
Description: Performs all related physical tasks involved in one or more areas including, but not limited to: staging, kitting, picking, receiving, storing, packing, shipping, labeling, lot and serial control and distributing of materials, parts, supplies, equipment, finished goods and maintenance of the warehouse and other storage areas.
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
Note: The following is meant to be representative but not necessarily all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position title.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Responsible for the replenishment of all manufacturing materials and supplies shortages.
- Fills all material requests from manufacturing, engineering and other departments.
- Documents all material transactions in the computer system.
- Unpacks, checks goods received against purchase orders, invoices, return authorizations, or other job completion documentation.
- Input receipts into the computer system and route the material to the correct destination in the facility.
- Works with Purchasing to resolve any discrepancies.
- Perform a variety of tasks including, kitting of parts for manufacturing, transporting of parts between facilities.
- Breaks down boxes and the removal of packaging waste from stocking activities.
- Packages materials including but not limited to labeling of products/packages correctly for safe shipment to worldwide destinations.
- Counts, sorts, and puts materials in packages. Forms various boxes for final products.
- Accurately transact shipments on the computer and using various shipping software to prepare waybills and other shipping documents.
- Works with Customer Support to resolve discrepancies that arise during the shipping process.
- Becomes familiar and competent in the processing of international shipments, including understanding Shipper’s Export Declarations, Commercial Invoices, and other export paperwork.
- Monitors inventory levels of all the shipping supplies and works with Purchasing to order the correct amounts of these supplies.
- Maintains work areas, including the shipping, receiving and warehouse areas in an orderly and safe condition.
- Participates in inventories and daily cycle counts.
- Utilizes shipping/receiving equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, hand trucks and delivery carts.
- Operates packaging equipment, including motorized/non motorized equipment as needed.
- Normally receives instruction on daily work, occasionally uses independent judgment and initiative.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with their supervisor on shipping & material status issues which need resolution.
- Must have the ability to create and maintain productive working relationships in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Fills out time sheets and all other required paperwork accurately and on time.
- Keeps employee information and training files updated at all times.
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which ZELTIQ complies
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience in shipping via UPS and Fed-Ex a plus.
- SAP experience a plus, but not required.
- 5+ years related experience in a high tech, medical device manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Certified Forklift experience required.
- Requires strong accuracy in the use of Windows-based computer software. Familiar with Word, Excel, and Windows.
- Ability to use basic mathematics to perform calculations and interpret results/data.
- Ability to define inventory & shipping problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read documents and extract important concepts.
- Ability to conduct self in a professional and articulate manner when dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively present information both verbally and in writing when responding to questions.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, with a strong drive to achieve highest possible quality in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work effectively with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with the ability to operate a vehicle in order to support the operational needs of the department.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively during high stress situations.
- Must be available to work overtime as requested by the supervisor. This may include nights, weekends, and holidays during times critical to our business such as month-end, quarter-end, and year-end .
Zeltiq - 7 months ago