At Actavis, we are committed to the development of a high performing organizational culture, which requires that we recruit, develop and retain top talent. Continued growth and changing business needs create new opportunities across our company on a continuous basis. We encourage every employee to consider their professional horizons, and personal goals.
Warehousing is currently seeking a
Material Handler II on 1st or 2nd shift
. In this role you will be responsible for the
movement and supply of materials within the manufacturing organization including but not limited to loading, unloading, dispatch, replenishment and cycle count activities. Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, you will follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to the physical movement of daily production materials, ensuring timely delivery and availability of materials using various types of material handling equipment. You will systematically transact any physical movements as they occur using a bar code inventory management system, generating reports as needed and maintaining 100% transactional inventory integrity. In addition to performing material handler job duties, you may be required to operate the Company trucks as necessary for the movement of materials between facilities.
The ideal candidate will have:
The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent GED, and two (2) or more years of experience working in a warehouse or distribution center. Experience working in a pharmaceutical, cosmetic or food manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- Experience with multiple types of material handling equipment including but not limited to reach forklifts, electric pallet jacks, electric order pickers, sit down forklifts and stand up forklifts.
- Experience with JD Edwards or similar ERP systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Experience handling multiple duties and tasks.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Computer literacy with the ability to learn new computer software programs.
- Proven record of providing excellent customer service with both internal and external customers.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with individuals contacted in the course of work.
- Knowledge of current Company policies and practices, including safety rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of cGMP, FDA, SOPs, DEA and other regulatory requirements is highly preferred.
- A valid Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance carrier is a must.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, pushing and pulling, stooping and crouching, climbing and walking, twisting of upper body and neck, vision to monitor, lifting of equipment or materials weighing up to +50 pounds. Contact with electrical equipment such as forklifts on a daily basis. Must be able to withstand heights of +30 feet while traveling in a swing reach forklift. Contact with fluctuating changes in temperature several times a month. Hearing / listening along with verbal communication required on a daily basis.
High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
As a company, Actavis Inc. is committed to supporting, rewarding, and recognizing employee contributions and providing equal employment opportunities. EOE M/F/D/V.
Watson Pharmaceuticals - 23 months ago