Material Handler II
Job Summary and Mission
Performs routine manual duties in a warehouse environment. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Moves materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within assigned area.
- May be trained in the use of heavy equipment such as forklift in preparation for certification as required to move to a Freight Handler job.
- May sweep floors, clean dock area, general good hygiene of entire work area.
- Assist in receiving cargo by removing from truck by hand, or using manual equipment such as hand truck or pallet jack or similar manual hand tools.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or moves orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
Summary of Experience and Education
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- One to three years related experience.
- Minimum one year industry experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Must have good or corrected vision.
- Ability to add and subtract.
- Basic language skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English preferred.
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Consistently at work and on time.
CEVA Logistics U.S. is a regional unit of CEVA Logistics, part of giant CEVA Group. CEVA Logistics US provides freight forwarding and...