Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
Under the direction of supervisor or manager, coordinates activities of workers engaged in lifting, transporting, storing and loading materials and products by use of conveyors, industrial trucks or by hand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates Material Handlers to ensure their time is utilized efficiently to achieve production, quality, sanitation and customer service standards.
- Confers with management to coordinate flow of product and ensure all safety precautions are followed and taken.
- Enforces schedules and estimated labor hours required for effective completion of daily job assignments.
- Reports compliance of assigned teams in work areas to operational standards and initiatives.
- Participates in the recommendation of Kaizen activities to improve all aspects of the operation.
- Performs activities of workers supervised when required or other duties as assigned.
Lead by example through his/her actions.
Directly oversees the work of a small number of employees in the designated warehouse area.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and safety rules.
Responsibilities include meeting goals and minimum standards of performance, training employees; assigning and directing work flow and the movement of associates based on the business needs; addressing and elevating complaints and resolving minor problems with management assistance.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Must have at least 2 years experience in a Material Handling position with a demonstration of skills required to lead a group of employees in their daily work assignments or equivalent experience.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least 2 years related
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard