It is the responsibility of the Material Handler to
understand all aspect of operation in the warehouse. The
Material Handler will be safety oriented, organized,
highly detail oriented, computer literate, able to
prioritize their daily work schedule, able to
communicate effectively and be customer oriented.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for the safe operation of narrow aisle,
electric and propane industrial fork trucks and pass PIT
(Power Industrial Truck) certification. Ability to
operate manual pallet jacks to move materials.
2. Responsible for loading and off-loading of box and
flatbed trailers from a loading dock and or ground.
3. Responsible for the movement of materials to and from
the Warehouse, pole barn, bally box, drum shed extension
and drum shed storage racks.
4. Responsible to manage waste pit and waste berm,
organizing area and movement of containers in and out of
area. Ability to identify properly labeled waste
containers. Identify levels of containment well and work
with waste water treatment on proper time to release
containment into treatment facility.
5. Responsible to re-palletize materials when necessary.
6. Ability to run lot status change report in Discover
and request labels according to report. Verify correct
lots and re-label material throughout the plant with
7. Responsible for the organization and delivery of
non-consumables such as mail, office supplies, lab
chemicals, maintenance stores, process equipment and
8. Responsible for the delivery and/or pick up sundries
9. Utilize various computer systems to respond to and
make requests in support in business operations (i.e.
e-mail, Oracle, etc.).
10. Operate hand-held bar code transmitter for
identification and locating purposes. Ability to
properly locate materials and relocate materials in
warehouse rack system.
11. The ability to comply with all AMRI Standard
Operating Procedures and applicable regulatory
12. Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area both
inside and outside the Warehouse building for all area
13. The ability to cross-train in other positions for
fill-in and support based on business needs.
14. Maintain excellent documentation skills, safety
practices and thorough knowledge of cGMP’s.
15. Ability to utilize metric system for mass and volume
and be physically able to perform the duties of the
16. Must work independently, develop the ability to
prioritize the workload, meet tight deadlines,
accurately complete GMP documents and maintain log
17. Must be AMRI respirator certified and qualify for
medical clearance for the handling of all raw and
18. Recommend and implement methods to increase the
quality of products and/or services, cost reduction and
19. Participates in cross training, self development
activities and training of others.
20. Exhibits safety awareness and safe work practices.
21. Performs other related duties as may be reasonably
assigned in the course of business or as requested by
supervisor or management.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree in a scientific field or previous
- Minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent;
work with chemicals.
- Must possess technical aptitude and a willingness to
skills and be able to coordinate a number of diverse
- Must possess good written and verbal communication
according to 29 CFR 1910.178
- Certified in Powered Industrial Fork Truck operation
- Chemical Hygiene Training
AMRI - 14 months ago