Alro Steel Corporation supplies raw materials (carbon, stainless steel, aluminum and red metals) to a variety of manufacturing and other industries. Our customer base, ranging in size from small to very large users of metals, has come to depend on Alro's commitment to excellent delivery service.
Alro Steel , established in 1948, is a privately held corporation with over 50 facilities strategically located throughout the Midwest and Southeast. Please visit our website at www.alro.com for more information.
Alro has an immediate opening for a material handler. This position is responsible for:
- filling and preparing customer orders for shipment,
- operating heavy equipment including cranes, forklifts, and processing machinery,
- working afternoon or evening hours as needed, based upon shift assignment.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a previous work history that includes:
Alro offers a competitive salary, complete benefits package, and a match on the 401(k)portion of our retirement program. Alro also offers a drug-free environment, and opportunities for advancement. Alro is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- previous experience in operations for a metal service center preferred
- excellent attendance
- safe work habits
- computer and keyboard skill development
- a record of accurate order fulfillment.
Alro Steel runs its service centers like a grocery store for metals, keeping what customers need in easy reach. The service center operator...