This is a 1st shift position which requires working weekends.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for the safe, efficient and accurate movement of finished goods, packaging and other materials to and from the warehouse. Includes competence in all of the following: supporting needs of the packaging floor, storing product, paperwork and computer entry, and loading product onto and off of trucks and rail cars for shipment and receipts.
- Operation of a forklift truck with various attachments to move palletized and unpalletized products and materials.
- Loading and unloading of finished goods and packaging materials from trucks of various sizes and configurations.
- Completing of proper documentation for orders including tote purchase orders/SKU numbers.
- Competence in all the required support functions for the packaging floor including:
- Appropriate boxes, cartons, film, totes, etc. provided at the proper time in the proper place.
- Removal of unused materials and waste/scrap materials.
- Movement of regrind materials to support the regrind operations.
- Maintenance of sanitation standards at all times.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Competence in using the relevant computer screens and reports, knowledge to enter information quickly and very accurately, and knowledge to run reports, print documents, etc.
- Competence in recording production data, and generating a shift production report.
- Maintenance of AIPC sanitation and good manufacturing practices.
- Communicate effectively with other Team Members and management - especially in dealing with irregularities.
- Responsible for supplying plant with materials in order to manufacture safe, legal and quality product.
- Run bar coding equipment, compactors, balers, computers, etc.
- Qualified candidates should possess a High School Diploma or GED certificate, at least 2 years manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to pass the written exam and driving test to comply with OSHA’s standard on forklift certification.
- The ability to learn to use computer terminals and computer based equipment is necessary.
- Tasks performed involve work with equipment and processes that require familiarity with formal safety procedures and in following the procedures in order to maintain the safety of the work environment.
- Mechanical ability to the extent of analyzing basic irregularities in the proper functioning of equipment is necessary.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (adding subtracting, multiplying, division, percent, etc.) accurately and quickly is necessary.
- The willingness and ability to take initiative, use judgment and be dependable in carrying out required functions on a timely basis is essential.
- Ability to accomplish all duties assigned.
- Must be able to work well and communicate well with others to accomplish department goals and objectives.
- Must possess manual dexterity to operate all components of a forklift safely.
- Must possess visual acuity and depth perception to operate a forklift safely in close proximity to equipment and people.
- Must be able to kneel, climb, and crawl on an infrequent basis.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds is necessary.
American Italian Pasta Company - 19 months ago