Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx Corporation is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing approximately 1,900 people, BlueLinx offers greater than 10,000 products from over 750 suppliers to service approximately 11,500 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The company operates its distribution business from sales centers in Atlanta and Denver, and its network of approximately 56 distribution centers. Additional information about BlueLinx can be found on its website at
Position Purpose Summary
Responsible for safely transporting building product material off and on trailers or rail cars and identifying damaged material.
Class A Drivers license required.
Responsible for product identification and product loading/unloading/storage for detailed finished and standard product handling.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Responsible for transporting material off and on trailers or rail cars. Stores and retrieves material (piece pick and/or bulk).
- Responsible for efficiently and safely loading trailers for transport of material in accordance with routing solution.
- Identifies damaged material.
- Documents inbound and outbound transactions.
- Performs daily maintenance of equipment and area cleaning requirements.
- Responsible for basic equipment maintenance (horn, flashing beacon, fluid levels, fire extinguisher, fueling, personnel protective equipment (PPE), proper packaging).
- Normally works Monday through Friday schedule.
- One year os recent forklift/warehouse experience.
- Class A CDL.
- Safe work record and stable work history.
proficiently and safely use
to transport product, load/unload trucks
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs using safe lifting
- Ability to read/comprehend
sales order, purchase orders, safety material,etc.
- Class A CDL license.
- Knowledge of loading/unloading/storage requirements.
- Knowledge of damage identification procedures and safety forklift operations techniques.