Responsible for performing routine and some non-routine tasks involved in the receiving, stocking, and shipping of material. Performs these tasks in a warehouse, cross dock, or production support environment. Ensures safe and legal handling of regulated materials for all inbound and outbound shipments; including proper separation, palletizing, loading and storage. Duties are carried out in continuous improvement environment. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Post weights and shipping charges and prepares material for final shipment. As required, lifts heavy items. Most tasks are well defined and require general judgment or interpretation. This position requires a moderate level of supervision and some warehousing/distribution experience.
• Complete assigned tasks in a reasonable amount of time with a high level of accuracy
• May require the operation of banding, wrapping, packaging, or cleaning equipment.
• May require the ability to use PC and/or RF-based computer systems to perform tasks
• May require the use of manual or powered pallet jacks
• May require the operation of powered lift trucks and/or floor sweepers
ADDITIONAL JOB ELEMENTS:
• Ability to lift medium to heavy loads 40% of the time.
• Ability to lift over 50lbs with assistance Ability to work in team environments
• Ability to maintain compatible relationships under stress
• Must exhibit promptness and attention to detail
• Contributes to a safe working environment
• Ability to work in a self-directed work environment
• May be exposed to extreme climates.
• Ability to complete all basic and re-currency regulatory training as required
• Ability to perform the spill clean-up function as required
• Ability to read and understand current regulatory manuals and current regulations in a time sensitive environment
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2 years related experience
• Forklift certification
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...