Come grow with us! Flint Hills Resources, a leading refining, chemicals and biofuels company is growing and we are looking for the best people to grow with us. We are looking for candidates who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who want to find fulfillment in what they do.
If this sounds like you, then we invite you to apply to join the Flint Hills Resources team. We are a privately held fast growing company, so the opportunities for development and advancement are abundant.
Flint Hills Resources is seeking a
to join our team at our
ethanol plant. As a Material Handler you will be responsible for the timely loading of all ethanol, distiller
's grains and other products into railcar or truck and will ensure proper completion of all records related to the products loaded for shipment from the plant site. You will communicate with team members about current plant operations including, but not limited to, any loading or equipment problems and will identify opportunities for improvement and participate in efforts to improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
We will look to you to maintain cleanliness of plant, maintain rolling stock to include loaders, railcar mover, skid steer, fuel loader by checking fluid levels, greasing, lubricating and re-fueling and to inspect loaders, railcar mover, etc. for defects, cracks, wear, etc. according to the designated schedule issued by maintenance and document the inspection results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous ethanol or chemical plant operations experience
- Technical School training (Industrial plant operations or Process Technology)
While performing the essential duties of this position, the Team Member will be exposed to chemicals, moving, mechanical parts, dusty conditions, high noise levels, internal and external temperature/weather conditions. Qualified individuals must be able to meet call-in requirements as needed.
Specific physical requirements include:
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, kneeling, crawling and grasping
- Standing for extended periods of time, walking up to one (1) mile per day, and data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally; Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs frequently (unassisted)
- Capable of using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments both mechanical and electrical. Ability to open valves and torque bolts up to 1.5 inches and 200 inch lbs
- Ability to work in confined spaces and climb several flights of stairs and ladders up to 200 feet
- Hearing, seeing (acuity - near far and depth)
- Exposure to environmental conditions (frequently walking in and outdoors) with exposure to extreme cold and warm temperatures from -20 to +100 degrees
- Must be willing to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (Hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
- Must be able to work rotational on-call, call-ins and weekend work as needed
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen
To learn more about Flint Hills Resources, click on our logo above!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Flint Hills Resources Arthur, LLC
Koch Industries, Inc.
- 10 months ago - save job