Operate and maintain machinery and equipment necessary in the loading and unloading of ethanol, wet & dry distillers and corn.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following
· Inspect grain received to ensure that it meets company standards.
· Timely loading/unloading of all ethanol, distiller’s grains and other products by railcar and truck.
· Proper completion of all records related to the products loaded for shipment from the plant site.
· Ability to submit work requests when appropriate.
· Housekeeping as related, but not limited to the cleanliness and orderly organization of all areas that pertain to your duties.
· Keep current on the status of all operating equipment.
· Maintain rolling stock to include loaders, track mobile, skid steer, and fuel loader by checking fluid levels, greasing, lubricating and re-fueling.
· Inspect loaders, track mobile, etc. for defects, cracks, breaks, tires, etc. according to the designated schedule issued by maintenance and document the inspection results.
· Work closely with maintenance and inform them of any mechanical problems.
· Grease and check oil levels on all rolling stock equipment at the designated schedule and document.
· Properly document any accidents and/or injuries.
· Keep the plant in a tour ready condition at all times.
· Frequent communications with the grain grader and operations department.
· Participate in safety programs and ongoing training sessions.
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
· Must be hard working and self motivated.
· Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
· Ability to operate utility vehicles.
· Ability to work well with others and ability to work independently with multi-tasking skills.
· Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs and work at heights.
· Must have a willingness to learn.
· Must be able to work in and around conditions which may be dusty, contain high noise levels and regularly exposed to outside weather conditions year round and may be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
· Exemplify the high standards necessary to accomplish the goals of this company.
Green Plains Inc. - 21 months ago