* Related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the classification specification or position description.
This position will be responsible for receiving and ordering of new and repaired parts, maintaining storage of large parts, distribution and shipment of parts and materials and the administrative tracking of inventory. The Material Handler will also assist Maintenance Technicians as needed.
- Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the physical receiving, storage and inventory of parts and material.
- Prepare and pull appropriate kits for scheduled Preventive Maintenance of tools.
- Pull parts and material for maintenance technician as required.
- Prepare packing slips for repairs and shielding for cleaning.
- Issue credit on material transfers.
- Locate and research various suppliers and vendor sources for parts.
- Issue and follow up of purchase requisitions.
- Job Specification and Requirements*
- Minimum HS/GED or equivalent experience and at least 6 years of additional shipping and receiving experience in a stockroom environment including experience with kitting and staging parts.
- Requires the ability to organize, prioritize and handle various assignments.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Experience with Excel, Word and People Soft.
- Experienced in data entry.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to operate forklifts and meet requirements for forklift certification.
- Work Schedule, Conditions and Physical Requirements ***
This employee will work a 3/4 shift (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays one week followed by Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the next, repeated every two weeks). The opening is for the Day shift and the hours are from 6AM - 6PM. Candidates must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds. Safety shoes are required. May require occasional out of company trips for will call.
Headway Technologies is making progress in the disk drive market. The company designs and manufactures recording heads for computer disk...