IRIS International, Inc., a profitable and dynamic, publicly traded, In-vitro Diagnostics Company has a growth opportunity for a Material Handler in our Chatsworth, CA corporate offices.
If you have the skills and experience described below – we are looking for you! IRIS International is a great place to work, has excellent benefits and will offer the right individual an incredible career opportunity.
BASIC JOB FUNCTION:
Handles any warehouse and materials related function as assigned. Examples are processing outbound customer orders and supplier returns, inbound purchase orders and customer returns and/or delivering materials to the production floor.
1. Picks and packs outgoing shipments in accordance with various shipping procedures
2. Receives and inspects incoming goods in accordance with receiving procedures.
3. Uses various freight carrier computer programs and/or websites to obtain rate quotes, bill of lading, labels, etc.
4. Performs computerized processing of item and freight data to document transactions in the system.
5. Processes timely Stockroom put-aways and issues of raw materials to the production floor
6. Processes kanbans according to established processes.
7. Informs supervisor or other designated person when reorder points have been reached
8. Notifies supervisor or other assigned person of damage to goods or packaging.
9. Assists in cycle counting and inventory control activities as required.
10. Assists in the filing of freight claims
11. Collaborates with other departments’ personnel to explain and correct transactional errors.
12. Maintains a safe, clean and efficient work environment.
The ideal candidate will have 1 year previous experience in a similar capacity, using computerized shipping and receiving processing systems. 3 months experience using forklift.
- Command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Computer literate, organized, detail-oriented and able to prioritize demands.
- Fork lift certified.
High School Diploma or equivalency.
We offer a lucrative compensation plan and full benefit package including medical, dental, 401 K and much more! If you are a motivated, self-starter looking to build a career with a growing company, please visit our Career Page to APPLY. Join us for a rewarding career in a challenging environment that inspires innovation and creativity.
A representative from IRIS will contact you if we require more information and if you have the qualifications specified.
Only qualified candidates who are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship and will be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
IRIS International is NOT seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
Should we need assistance from our preferred vendors, all direct contact with the Company for presentation of candidates or information must be through the Human Resources department.
IRIS International is an equal opportunity employer.
Iris Diagnostics - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard