The Material Handler will compile and maintain material and parts inventory as well as status information to expedite movement of material and parts between production areas. This person will receive materials and place into inventory from trucks using a computerized warehouse management system and will maintain accurate inventory through use of warehouse management system for prompt, timely, and accurate deliveries to customers. The Material Handler will attend informational, training, safety, and compliance meetings as scheduled.
Key Responsibilities for the Position:
- Function within the guidelines of the Lube-Tech “Team Ground Rules” and Mission Statement.
- Read production schedules, inventory reports, and work orders to determine type and quantity of materials required, availability of stock, and order priority.
- Follow written instructions on the Production Work Ticket (PWT) for the production of various products.
- Compares work ticket specifications to material used at workstations to verify appropriate assignment.
- Expedite transfer of materials from stock area to production areas and move finished products to assigned bin location or staging area.
- Expedite transfer of materials from production areas to stock bins and verify accuracy of inventory.
- Examines material received, verifies parts numbers, and checks discrepancies such as damaged or unmarked parts.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine overdue material and parts and to inform supervisors of material status.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the production supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Receive materials and place into inventory from trucks using a computerized warehouse management system.
- Pick and ship material as required by an order.
- Monitor inventory through cycle counting program.
- Accept schedule and direction when there are changes in workloads.
- Complete tasks as directed by production schedules with minimum supervision.
- Utilize all material handling equipment safely, efficiently, perform all required safety checks and communicate need for repairs.
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend monthly departmental and production meetings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 4 years forklift operations experience and/or training.
- 3 years material handling experience in a production/manufacturing environment or related experience and/or training.
- Experience using a computerized Warehouse Management System.
- Must have a good command of the English language and the ability to read and understand written instructions.
- Basic mathematical abilities
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read, speak and understand written instructions in English.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours or weekends, as business needs dictate.
- Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
- Able to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and lift frequently.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Traditional Medical Plan
- Dental Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company match
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Lubrication Technologies, Inc. - 13 months ago
We believe there is no company with the exclusive product mix we offer and we confidently know there is no other company with the commitment...