The Material Handler is responsible to receive and inspect all goods and materials, both raw material and finished goods.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform departmental activities per standard operating procedures.
• Unload trucks and place in staging area.
• Receive raw material and verify against packing slip. Label materials accurately.
• Supply material as needed and/or requested to the production line and other departments.
• Assist in preparation for, and completion of cycle counts and physical inventory.
• Keep all parts in area of responsibility adequately stocked at all times. Communicate to supervisor or Purchasing Department when materials/supplies are running low.
• Remove waste from production lines. Weigh and record waste.
• Deliver non-inventory items to all areas of organization.
• Process defective or discrepant material.
• Proper usage of personal protective equipment.
• Create and execute MPS plans, meet MPS commitments and work within the guidelines of MPS; reflect Milgard's business values and the Milgard philosophy in all business interactions.
• Incorporate Milgard's vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guide and motivate others to remain committed to the Milgard philosophy.
• Adhere to all facets of safety policies and procedures.
• This job is posted for now as Day shift, but needs to include the possibility it will move to a swing shift of split shift if production demand requires a swing shift for production.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
• Previous material receiving/handling experience preferred.
• Glass handling and/or glass knowledge a plus if receiving glass.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Forklift certification required or the ability to obtain certificate required.
• Compute basic math problems to include fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Good hand eye coordination and the ability to discern colors.
• Ability to work in, and promote a team environment.
• Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds.
• Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling.
• Hand dexterity and strength.
• Overtime may be required, including some weekends.
• Work performed in a warehouse type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
• Hearing protection and safety glasses required, additional safety equipment provided based on specific job.
• Work surfaces are primarily concrete with anti-fatigue mats provided where feasible. Personnel will stand while performing their respective job functions, for up to 12 hours a day.
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.
Milgard - 12 months ago