Job Number: nest-00028530
Nestle Purina PetCare Company
Technical Services & Manufacturing
This opening is at the Mechanicsburg, PA factory. It is a night shift position working the hours of 4PM-12AM, with a rotating work week schedule. Ability to work OT, weekends and holidays is a must.
Material Handler position is comprised of bulk unloading, batching, slurry, and receiving responsibilities. Must be able to operate computerized auto batching and slurry batching systems, understand formulas, and keep processing systems full of feed and slurry. Responsible for the sampling and testing of all incoming ingredients and the unloading of bulk ingredients and packing supplies. Maintain communication with other material handlers and keep a safe and clean work area.
1. Sample dry and liquid trucks and rail before unloading
2. Measure liquid tanks, monitor temperature, fill out daily paperwork, track sheet, truck log, tank measurement and distribute.
3. Unload phos acid, chlorine chloride.
4. Use correct procedures for steaming fat rail cars and trucks.
5. Communicate with other material handling operators
6. Enter manifolds into Prism and Batching computer and QA computer.
7. Clean up unloading shed, track areas, liquid unloading building, and liquid storage areas. Maintain fat hoses, steam hoses, traps, and fittings.
8. Communicate with guard, buyer, truckers, team leaders, and sanitation
9. QA - screen test, moisture, (NIR, Computrac). Fat test - sample, color, FFA. IV-run blanks, make up chemicals, keep chemicals full, test bottles for right amount of chemicals. Save sample for Lab Analyst for fat test, etc., protein, etc.
10. Maintain Shuttle Wagon.
1. Keep processing units supplied with feed as needed.
2. Check and maintain correct paperwork, daily log, batching sheet.
3. Communicate with shift supervisors, scale operator from other shifts, extruder operators, and bulk unloader.
4. Correct traceability procedures.
5. Responsible for weighing up and dumping hand adds.
6. Responsible for maintaining and cleaning work area.
7. Transfer hand add ingredients from warehouse to scale and return when not in use.
8. Transfer fines to bins.
9. Correct operation of the batching systems.
1. Setup and operate slurry system.
2. Use turn-a-load clamp on forktruck to feed meat into whole pallet meat breaker
3. Maintain batteries on forktruck
4. Maintain sanitation in slurry kitchen
1. Unload trucks of frozen ingredients, packing supplies, coupons, stickers, premiums, and put in proper place
2. Enter all unloading into computers
3. Sample and test frozen ingredients before unloading.
4. Touch base and work with packing supply coordinator.
5. Take inventories
6. Insure that we have supplies to run schedule
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Close communication with team leader, other material handlers, quality assurance.
Must be able to climb ladders on trucks, rail cars storage tanks, and equipment in order to perform this job.
Must maintain accurate quality and unloading records.
Monitors unloading equipment for unusual noises, leaks and proper operation.
Monitors heating fat cars to ensure they do not overheat and spill.
Transfer supplies in and out from storage to meet demands.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Experience: At least 1 year manufacturing experience.
Qualified applicants must be able to push/pull up to 100 lbs, lift 75 lbs, work outdoors in all weather conditions, climb ladders, work at heights up to 20 feet, operate a forklift, use computerized auto batching and slurry batching systems, understand formulas, maintain communication with other operators as well as other departments and external personnel, and keep a safe and clean work area.
Skills: Must be literate and able to calculate totals, percentages, and operate some computerized equipment and forklift. Must be able to develop a daily work plan and be able to adjust as fluctuations in business dictate.
Nestlé is the world's largest food and nutrition company. Founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, Nestlé originated...