Newport Corporaiton of Irvine, California has an immediate opening for a Materials Handler. This position will start out contract and could possibly go direct.
In this temp-to-hire position a qualified candidate will perform the physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment within a Manufacturing environment.
- Unpacking and checking goods received against purchase orders or invoices
- Maintaining records of goods received and rejected.
- Preparing goods for final shipment
- Will be responsible for preparing and maintaining records of merchandise shipped including posting weights and shipping charges.
- You will be responsible for examining, stocking and distributing materials in inventory as well as on manufacturing lines.
- You may also be responsible for preparing assembly production kits.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Must have experience in Receiving within a Manufacturing environment
- SAP training and/or experience would be a plus.