SUMMARY OF ROLE
As a Material Handler you will be responsible for the Performance of the day-to-day physical and administra-tive tasks involved in shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equip-ment. Lifts heavy items and maintain loading dock area. Unpacks and checks received goods against purchase orders or invoices. Performs receiving, inventory and sales order shipments in SAP.
- Perform loading and unloading activities for inbound and outbound shipments
- Perform and maintain receiving and shipping transactions in SAP
- Counts, weighs or measures incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices, purchase orders or other records; examines incoming shipments for damage or shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify; completes paper-work or forms required for documentation; keep organized records of receiving and shipping documents.
- Organize, retrieve secure materials in assigned locations utilizing, but not limited to, processes such as Kanban, direct product placement and parts kitting.
- Manually load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms, or lifting devises
- Perform materials movement activities safely using the proper material handling equipment; cranes, forklifts, pallet jacks, slings, cables, straps, etc.
- Assures that lifting gear is inspected prior to use, all lifts are within load limits of equipment and correctly rigged
- Perform routine pre and post inspections of cranes and forklift equipment to ensure equipment is operating properly
- Follows all lock-out and tagging procedures
- Maintain waste recycling records and coordinate pick up of materials (regular and hazardous)
- Participate on cross-functional teams focused on product and process improvements.
- Successfully complete periodic, as defined by local regulations, crane and forklift operator train-ing to maintain certifications/licenses
- Follow all Nordex USA policies and procedures
Nordex adheres to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions are made without regard to religion, age, sex, color, national origin, handicap, or other protected class and in full compliance with all federal and state laws.
- High School degree with 2 years experience as a material handler
- Experienced working safely with and around heavy materials and equipment.
- Certified/licensed crane and forklift operator, or ability to obtain certification/license.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn and execute SAP daily business transactions.
- Ability to mentor, coach and train others.
- Team player, ability to work under pressure, ability to work independently and take initiative.
Nordex SE - 2 years ago