Title: Material Handler
Shift Times: 12 hour shifts- Day & Grave 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am
Responsible for warehousing and movement function of raw materials, packaging materials and other supplies needed for production and research and development. Perform daily, weekly and monthly inventory counts and reconciliations. Ensures accurate inventory levels are maintained, informs other departments regarding information needed to plan and execute production.
• Provide adequate and timely inventory information for use by purchasing, scheduling, production and accounting departments.
• Receive raw materials and assign tracking numbers.
• Perform daily cycle counts and inventory reconciliations using Microsoft Excel and Innatrack MRP software.
• Pull from inventory and stage raw materials for batch production.
• Load and unload tractor-trailers using forklift or pallet jack.
• Maintain warehouse in neat and orderly fashion.
• Ensure food safety and quality protocols are followed.
• Ensure proper FIFO rotation in warehouse.
• Perform weekly, monthly and year-end inventories.
• Pull raw material samples as directed by QA department.
• Maintain knowledge of batch production procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is not supervisory in nature
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to operate with moderate supervision, be detail oriented, and exercise independent judgment
• Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem analysis skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong advanced math (analysis, statistics, significant data or number manipulation)
• Critical decision-making skills, creativity
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Ability to push up to 300 pounds, pull up to 500 pounds and lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds frequently.
The position requires a high school degree or equivalent. 1-3 years experience in production environment preferred. Must have ability to become certified forklift operator.
Work is performed in a production warehouse environment. The position is subject to shift work, occasional overtime, the use of and exposure to hazardous materials, high voltage, and hot pipes. Physical activities including heavy lifting; frequent walking, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, carrying and sitting while driving a forklift. While performing the duties of the job incumbent may be working around moving mechanical parts. The noise level is typically moderate to loud.
Pacific Foods of Oregon - 23 months ago