The Material Handler role supports Shipping/Receiving and Materials Management at Pearl’s Redwood City facility and its satellite locations within the Bay Area. This role supports materials used in R&D, clinical manufacturing as well as preparations for commercial manufacturing. The candidate will have cGMP experience specifically related to bio/pharma or medical device industry and will maintain the efficient flow of materials. Keen attention to detail and persistence in ensuring proper follow-through by suppliers, shippers and colleagues will be essential.
Description of Duties
• Assist in tracking inventory and usage rate
• Purchase parts and supplies in a timely manner to prevent overstocking and shortages
• Transfer of materials for usage in FIFO manner to/from the offsite warehouse
• Maintain efficient flow of materials, inventory, and staging to manufacturing operations
• Shipping and receiving of raw materials, intermediate and bulk products.
• Minimum High School graduate with at least 5 years of direct material handling and shipping receiving experience in bio/pharma or medical device discipline.
• Experience with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
• IATA DG and DOT title 49CFR Hazmat
• Class C driver’s license with a good driving record required
• Demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
• Forklift certification preferred and familiarity on international shipments (import/export) a plus
• Ability to accomplish daily task with minimal supervision
• Strong vrbal and written communication skills
Physical Demands & Work Environment
• Be able to work with various chemicals identified under California Proposition 65, once given proper protective equipment
Amount of Travel
Less than 25%
Pearl Therapeutics Inc. - 30+ days ago