The Material Handler receives and stores materials, tools, and equipment. This employee will process orders and issue equipment, tools, and materials to customers. The Material Handler compiles records of supply transactions. This employee also verifies that supplies received match requisitions and invoices. The Material Handler stores and transports equipment, materials, and supplies to various warehouses or to other departments using hand or industrial trucks or forklifts. This employee will examine stock to verify conformance to specifications and inventories.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintain stock levels at the Central Issue Facility (CIF) to fulfill requirements
mobilization issue for military and civilian personnel.
military and civilian personnel as required.
- Assist in issuing Organizational Clothing and Individual Equipment (OCIE) to
information into an internal CIF inventory database.
- Receive shipments of supplies and equipment, repack if necessary, and input
- Perform fittings and training for soldiers receiving Improved Outer Tactical
(IOTV) issue. (certification required)
Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Place items in prescribed areas in accordance with facility storage Standing
locations, storing material , and forwarding updated inventory
- Maintain inventory at offsite warehouse which includes assigning specific pallet
adjustments to higher as required.
- Assist in CIF functions in regards to the demobilization of military and civilian
- Perform customer service duties at the CIF counter for military and civilian
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Ship supplies out on Department of Defense (DD) Form 1149.
- Count, document, and sign the Department of Army (DA) Form 5748-R.
- CIF warehouse will be organized and cleaned daily.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of verifiable Material Handling experience.
- Must know how to count and document quantities when performing monthly and
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have or be able to obtain a forklift license.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer (AAE)
Strategic Resources, Inc. - 14 months ago