Operate powered forklift trucks, hoists, handcarts, and other material handling equipment to maintain workflow and the organization of material.
Perform housekeeping/5S to keep the department clean, safe, and well organized.
Maintain safe working habits.
Follow the departmental safety guidelines.
Maintain equipment in a safe working condition.
Perform a daily check of equipment for condition and function.
In the case of any equipment malfunction, inform the supervisor or person in charge.
Plan a routine to keep work centers supplied with materials.
Mark materials and material locations properly.
Keep pallets, boxes, packaging material, and separators neatly stacked.
Keep aisles clear.
Assist in general housekeeping and clean-up tasks.
Complete inventory and routing documents correctly.
Use time, shop supplies, and materials efficiently.
Perform other duties as assigned, including having the flexibility to perform all tasks within the department.
- Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
- Ability to read and print legibly.
- Competency in the interpretation of: production orders, routing documents, inventory documents, maintenance records, records and procedures of handling hazardous material.
- Ability to plan and good organizational skills to maintain the flow of work, maintain the efficient use of space and material, and maintain records.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to multi task
- Detail Orientated
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience as a Material Handler and demonstration of the skills necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- Competent in the operation of a fork truck and have a current license to operate a fork truck.
- SAP, RF Device, and Warehouse Management experience preferred.
Tennant Company (Tennant) is engaged in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions that create a cleaner, safer world. The...