The Material Handler is responsible for inputting data, preparing packing and shipping documents, picking and staging outbound shipments, ensuring inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free from damage, and maintaining a clean, neat and orderly work area. He/She must also have the ability to manually move and lift 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 lbs and be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Read customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to assemble customer orders from stock and place order on pallet or shelves.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Complete all paperwork pertaining to inventory, which includes shipping confirmations, receiving confirmations, purchase orders, open orders, order check-off, and UPS.
- Ensure complete accuracy of store inventory at all times.
- Label all orders and back stock clearly.
- Participate in the cycle counting program.
- Load and unload customer vehicles; ensure proper paperwork is completed and signed off by the customer after loading of product.
- Process incoming freight trucks in a timely manner.
- Proper use of equipment, including but not limited to forklifts, to move inventory.
- Inspect equipment to maintain good working order.
- Record amounts of product received and distributed.
- Accountable for overall cleanliness/organization of the warehouse.
- Enter records into the computer system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Strong work ethic.
- Forklift certification or willing to be certified.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of proper safety measures.
- Ability to manually move and lift 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 lbs.
The Tile Shop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Tile Shop - 13 months ago
The Tile Shop is a leading specialty retailer of manufactured and natural stone tiles, setting and maintenance materials, and related...