Perform all duties related to receiving, warehousing, distributing of raw materials and finished product and work-in process for the manufacturing floor. This is a SECOND SHIFT position at our Adams Center Road location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned) To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Load and unload materials onto/from delivery trucks
· Sort, distribute and stock incoming materials, filling backorders and replenish stock as needed
· Monitor inventory levels and communicate inventory needs as necessary
· Sort and organize seconds inventory and process related paperwork
· Utilize Company delivery vehicles for local deliveries, pickups and miscellaneous errands
· Process front office requests such as delivery of office supplies, transportation of mail, etc.
· Utilize compactor to minimize scrap fabric and cardboard
· Replenish cardboard box supply and disassemble boxes for disposal
· Maintain organization of warehouse
· Assist in other Operations areas as needed
· Participate in the physical inventory process
· Participate in continuous improvement projects
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Basic PC skills
· Warehouse and/or shipping experience preferred
· Valid driver's license with good motor vehicle record
· Ability to read
· Strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
· Detail oriented
· Ability to work under pressure
High school graduate or equivalent required
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Light manufacturing/warehouse environment-constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching
· Physical stamina to maintain adequate productivity rates
· Ability to operate a pallet jack and forklift equipment
· Ability to operate Company delivery vehicle for local deliveries, pickups and errands
Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.; occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer.
Vera Bradley loves women with lots of baggage. The company designs, makes and sells quilted handbags and travel bags, as well as...