The Material Handling position is responsible to Pull Raw material to the press per the production Schedule and Rts material as the job has been completed. The Material Handler communicates with Schedulers, Supervisors, Purchasers and Ws Packaging employees to ensure customer needs are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Knows and understands W/S Packaging Group policies and procedures.
• Knows and understands the Corporate Mission Statement.
• Knows and understands the Vision System related to Material Handling.
• Unload trucks and visual inspect components as needed.
• Inspect all incoming/outgoing trucks to ensure truck is clean and safe using trailer inspection form.
• Pulls Raw materials according to Schedule.
• Removes Recyclables from area to proper locations.
• Return excess material from jobs back to inventory.
• Audits raw materials.
• Organize and maintain all supplies in department.
• Slit Raw Materials according to schedule.
• Operate Forklifts and Pallet Jacks as necessary.
• Inspect Forklifts daily ensuring proper operating condition.
• Participate in Weekly Departmental 6s scans.
• Identifies and resolves problems.
• Work as part of a team and participate in WS Packaging Group’s Total Quality Management efforts.
• Follows all Ws Packaging Group Safety Requirements.
• 1 years of Receiving / Inventory Control related experience.
• Must be able communicate (written/verbal)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Typical warehouse environment loading, unloading trucks; Basic computer skills needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum 1 year Experience in Receiving/Inventory Control required. Demonstrated ability to work with little or no supervision. Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and delivery dates.